The Winnipeg Gallery and School of Art stages its first exhibition of art from private, local collections. Works by Joshua Reynolds (1723–1792), Thomas Gainsborough (1727–1788), J. M. W. Turner (1775–1851), and Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corot (1796–1875) are hung alongside those of Winnipeg artists such as Walter J. Phillips (1884–1963) and Mary Ritter Hamilton (1873–1954).

The committee in charge of loan exhibitions also suggests that the Great War and its aftermath played some role in the Gallery’s “more or less inactivity during the last five years.” It became “inadvisable to solicit donations when there are so many calls of a patriotic nature.”