Discussion mounts surrounding the relocation of the Gallery. In addition to the site at St. Mary Avenue and Memorial Boulevard, a house at 88 Adelaide Street is suggested.

88 Adelaide, previously owned by local contractor Thomas Kelly (1855–1939), had been seized by the Province after Kelly fled Winnipeg to escape the scandal that had erupted over his fraudulent activities and skyrocketing costs during the construction of the provincial Legislature. By November, a number of local architects—William Fingland (1862–1946), John Danley Atchison (1870–1959), Arthur A. Stoughton (1867–1955), and Walter Percy Over (1874–1944)—offer their services pro bono if the Memorial proposal were to be adopted, a clear indication of the commitment of those who felt the Gallery needed a new home.