November 17, 1911, Manitoba Free Press
“Hall of Industry to be Rushed to Completion.”
Located at Main and Water Streets (today William Stephenson Way) and managed by Winnipeg’s fledgling Winnipeg Development and Industrial Bureau (an early Chamber of Commerce), the Board of Trade Building is intended to serve as an “exposition” space highlighting locally manufactured goods and natural resources, with a public meeting hall and natural history museum. Future expansions are being planned. Despite these ambitious efforts, the building is seen as a temporary structure, to house the Industrial Bureau for approximately five years, when it is believed a new permanent structure will replace it.