May 12, 1954, Winnipeg Free Press.

The Gallery begins collecting in the field of decorative arts with the bequest from Melanie Bolton-Hill of over 90 works of porcelain, earthenware, and fabrics from the 18th, 19th, and 20th centuries. While the objects of the Bolton-Hill donation are offered to the Gallery in 1952, they would not be formally acquired for another year.