Pierre Huguet dit, Latour, Sr. (workshop of), Tea service, c. 1790–1800. Collection of the Winnipeg Art Gallery; Acquired with a repatriation grant from the Government of Canada through the Cultural Property Export and Import Act and donations from friends in memory of Mrs. Bernard Naylor. G-83-241 abc

In memory of the life of Dorothy Naylor (1908–1983), a supporter, important donor of decorative art, early Gallery volunteer and Board Member, the WAG acquires from England a silver tea service by the late 18th century Montreal silversmith Pierre Huguet (dit Latour) (1748–1817).

The Gallery receives a significant Repatriation Grant from the Cultural Property Export Review Board covering 70 percent of the total purchase price of the tea service. The remaining 30 percent of the funds are raised by the WAG and friends of Dorothy Naylor. The tea service remains one of the most prestigious silver works in the Gallery’s collection.